Monday, January 20, 2014

Book Review- Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
(Summary from Goodreads)

WORLDS KEPT THEM APART.

DESTINY BROUGHT THEM TOGETHER.

Aria has lived her whole life in the protected dome of Reverie. Her entire world confined to its spaces, she's never thought to dream of what lies beyond its doors. So when her mother goes missing, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland long enough to find her are slim.

Then Aria meets an outsider named Perry. He's searching for someone too. He's also wild - a savage - but might be her best hope at staying alive.

If they can survive, they are each other's best hope for finding answers.

My Thoughts

Wow, I have had an amazing read year so far, and Under the Never Sky is no exception! I have read so many dystopian novels, and this one stands out from the pack.  It manages to remain original in a genre that can be seen as over-saturated.

In order to fall in love with a novel, I need to form a connection with the main characters.  This story is told from dual perspectives, and I grew wildly attached to both Aria and Perry.  It was refreshing to see that they had their priorities in order.  They understood that things such as family and loyalty, are more important than a romance with someone you have only known for a short time.  There is also no instalove in this novel! I really enjoy reading love stories where you can see the progression of their relationship grow slowly over time.  It just seems much more believable that way.  

The ending did seem a little bit rushed, but I understand that Rossi was trying to set it up for the sequel.  It is evident that the second book in the series, Through the Ever Night, has the potential to be even better than the first. 

If you are looking for a new series to read, I can not recommend this enough! 




Favourite Quotes

"People can be cruelest to those they love."
-Perry

"Fall off your own roof."
-Roar
(You will have to read the book to understand this quote, but it was my absolute favourite line.)

"If there was no fear, how could there be comfort? Or courage?"
- Perry

1 comment:

  1. Now I definitely have to read this book. I've had my eye on it for a while, and it sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete