Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This weeks topic is top ten things on my reading wishlist.  


  1. Books about books- I love reading, so it would make sense that I would love readings books about reading.  I mean how amazing was Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell?
  2. Pirates- Are there YA books about pirates? If there are, I haven't read them and I really need to!
  3. Bad ass Female Characters- I know there are a lot of these characters, but I can't get enough of them.  After reading Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa, it made me realize how much I love tough female leads who have a lot of depth.
  4. Diversity- This is a big one! I would love to see more diversity when it comes to body type, sexuality, race, maturity level, religion, etc, etc, etc
  5. Epilogues- Yes, a lot of novels include epilogues, but I really think that most books should. There have been so many times that I finished a book and was dying to know more!
  6. Hybrid characters- I have always had a fascination with hybrids, and would love to read more books about them.
  7. Bromance- Is there anything more entertaining than a good bromance? They are my favourite relationships to read about, and/or watch. I couldn't help but sharing two of my favourite bromances.
  8. Sarcasm- I have been told that I can be pretty sarcastic.  It is just my type of humour, and I love reading sarcastic characters in novels.
  9. Winter- I do enjoy books set in the summer, but it would be nice to read books set in the snow for a change!
  10. Canada- I am Canadian, so clearly I am biased, but I think Canada is beautiful and is a great setting that more authors should embrace.  I would love to see a YA book about a road trip across Canada!

If you know any books that fall in to any of these categories please let me know!

12 comments:

  1. A big yes to pirates! I really wish there were more books about them. And more books set during the winter would be so good, especially ones that are Christmassy too!

    Bromance is also something I'd love to see more of. You can never have too much bromance in a book.

    My TTT: http://igamogam.wordpress.com/2014/01/21/top-ten-tuesday-8/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was desperate to read Christmas books this past December but they are so hard to come by!

      Bromances are definitely my favourite relationships!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Nice list. I also included my wish for more books set in Canada (historical fiction in particular) on my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Historical fiction set in Canada would be amazing! We need someone to write that asap.

      Delete
  3. Bromance--yessss. That's a great one:) A lot of John Green books feature great bromances:)

    And yes to PIRATES! Shipbreaker by Paolo Bacigalupi is the most pirate-like YA I've read. Also Railsea by China Mieville features pirates in a post apoc/ dystopian setting too. BUT I often thought of pirates when I read about Sturmhond in Siege and Storm and Carswell Thorne in the Lunar Chronicles--he's just a space pirate--very Han Solo-esque:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check those out for sure! Just had a craving to read about pirates lately. Thanks for the suggestions!!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I know! Authors need to get on that.

      Delete
  5. There's a YA series by Katie Lynn Johnson - first book is called Amulet of Elusion - where the main male character is a pirate-turned-soldier. I read her books last year & just loved them. Might be up your alley!

    I absolutely agree about bromances. There is truly nothing funnier. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That actually sounds perfect! Definitely looking it up. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Definite yes to books about books! I have no idea why there aren't Pirate Ya books. Though I think there is a YA book called The Pirate's Curse but I don't know anything about it beyond that. I took a trip to Canada once IN winter and it was freezing but lovely. So I'm all for a Canadian road-trip book in winter. With bromance.

    Sarcasm is my humor of choice so I definitely agree about that. And yes to epilogues! I need to know what happens!

    My list is here: http://roseshadowink.wordpress.com/2014/01/21/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-things-id-make-writers-write-about-if-i-could/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Canadian book would be perfect. It is -35 with the wind chill where I am today! Just horrible.

      It doesn't get any better than sarcasm!

      I will check out your post for sure!

      Delete